The Online Hub for Canada’s Medical Device Community
Developed to support, connect, and promote the medical device development community in Canada, this is your national, central platform on which to find medtech companies, professionals, news, jobs, and events.We look forward to growing with you.
In the Spotlight: Clarius: Wireless Ultrasound Transducer
Clarius Mobile Health showcased the world’s first handheld ultrasound scanner with a mobile application for iOS and Android smart devices at the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine Conference in New York March 18-21, 2016. The Clarius ultrasound scanner is wireless and works with a mobile app that is compatible with most iOS and Android smart devices. With automated adjustments and an intuitive interface, the personal ultrasound device is designed to be carried around for quick exams and to guide procedures such as nerve blocks and targeted injections.
“Physicians have been asking for a portable ultrasound system that works with their iPhone for some time,” said Laurent Pelissier, Chairman and CEO of Clarius Mobile Health. “The challenge has been to make an affordable device that is small enough to carry around and that also produces great images. I’m happy to say we’ve succeeded in creating a product that will enable more clinicians to use ultrasound anywhere to improve patient care. It’s as easy to use as a mobile phone camera.”
Pending regulatory clearance from the FDA, CE and Health Canada, Clarius Mobile Health will offer several mobile scanners for the price of a single traditional compact system.
Membership is Complimentary and Includes:
- Multi-media rich Corporate Profile pages that provide a comprehensive one-page showcase to investors, media, and medtech stakeholders
- Individual Profile pages that highlight professional expertise, accomplishments, patents, and publications
- Publishing platform for your news items
- Unlimited industry specific job board postings, completely free of charge
- Unlimited industry event postings
- Promotion of your news, jobs, and events through MedTechCanada.com’s newsletter and social media channels
- First access to new features and preferred rates for MTC partner events